The Canadian Conservation Institute (CCI) is a Special Operating Agency of the Department of Canadian Heritage. The Institute was created in 1972 to promote the proper care and preservation of Canada's cultural heritage and to advance the practice, science, and technology of conservation.
Through conservation science, treatment, and preventive conservation, the Canadian Conservation Institute supports heritage institutions and professionals in conserving Canada's heritage collections so they can be accessed by current and future generations.
- The following values are reflected in all that CCI does:
- excellence and expertise honesty and integrity
- responsibility and accountability
You can learn more about CCI by exploring:
- our Annual Review
- CCI's Policy on Cost Recovery and Services section
- our Discover CCI at Work section to uncover the fascinating world of cultural heritage conservation and learn how artifacts and works of art are conserved, and how science and technology are applied to the preservation of cultural heritage.
- past CCI Newsletters
- our Accountability Section