Canadian Conservation Institute respects the Official Languages Act and the relevant Treasury Board policies, and is committed to ensuring all information and services on this site are available in both English and French. However, visitors should be aware that some information from external sources that are not subject to the Official Languages Act is only provided as a convenience and is available only in the language in which it was provided.
Materials on this Web site were produced and/or compiled by the Canadian Conservation Institute for the purpose of providing Canadians with direct access to information about the programs and services offered by the Government of Canada.
The material available on this Web site, is covered by the provisions of the Copyright Act, by Canadian laws, policies, regulations and international agreements. Such provisions serve to identify the information source and, in specific instances, to prohibit reproduction of materials without written permission.
Information on this site has been posted with the intent that it be readily available for personal and public non-commercial use and may be reproduced, in part or in whole and by any means, without charge or further permission from the Canadian Conservation Institute, unless otherwise specified. We ask only that:
- Users exercise due diligence in ensuring the accuracy of the materials reproduced;
- Both the complete title of the materials reproduced, as well as the author organization are identified; and,
- Indicate that the reproduction is a copy of an official work that is published by the Government of Canada and that the reproduction has not been produced in affiliation with, or with the endorsement of the Government of Canada.
Reproduction of multiple copies of materials on this site, in whole or in part, for the purposes of commercial redistribution is prohibited except with written permission from the Government of Canada's copyright administrator, Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC). Through the permission granting process, PWGSC helps ensure individuals/organizations wishing to reproduce Government of Canada materials for commercial purposes have access to the most accurate, up-to-date versions. To obtain permission to reproduce materials on this site for commercial purposes please contact:
Public Works and Government Services Canada
Publishing and Depository Services
350 Albert Street, 4th Floor
Some of the materials and graphical elements found on Government of Canada Web sites are subject to copyrights held by other organizations. This is particularly true of sites that are jointly operated by a Government of Canada institution and an external organization as part of a collaborative arrangement. In such cases, some restrictions on the reproduction of materials or graphical elements may apply and it may be necessary to seek permission from the rights holder prior to reproducing the material.
To obtain information concerning copyright ownership and restrictions on reproduction on this site, please contact:
Canadian Conservation Institute
1030 Innes Road
Ottawa ON K1B 4S7
Links to Web sites not under the control of the Government of Canada are provided solely for the convenience of visitors. The government is not responsible for the accuracy, currency or the reliability of the content. The government does not offer any guarantee in that regard and is not responsible for the information found through these links, nor does it endorse the sites and their content.
Visitors should also be aware that information offered by non-Government of Canada sites to which the Canadian Conservation Institute Web site links is not subject to the Privacy Act, the Official Languages Act and may not be accessible to persons with disabilities. The information offered may be available only in the language(s) used by the sites in question and visitors should research the privacy policies of the sites before providing personal information.
- The Canadian Conservation Institute does not automatically gather any personal information from you, such as your name, phone number, e-mail or street address during your visit to its Web sites. This information is only obtained if you supply it voluntarily, usually through contacting us via e-mail, or registering in a secure portion of the site.
- All personal information you do provide is protected under the federal Privacy Act. This means that, at the point of collection, you will be informed that your personal information is being collected, the purpose for which it is being collected and that you have a right of access to the information.
- Visitor information is not disclosed to anyone except Canadian Conservation Institute personnel who need the information to respond to a request. The information you give us will be shared with another government department only if your inquiry relates to that department. We do not use the information to create individual profiles, nor do we disclose the information to anyone outside those who need to provide you with a response in the federal government.
- The Canadian Conservation Institute uses per-session cookies. The per-session cookies do not collect personal information about you. Per-session cookies are used to store information within a session (or visit to our web site). These cookies are deposited on a user's computer only while the user is visiting the site and are deleted when the user closes the session. Here is the list of information that we are collecting by using per-session cookies:
- The name of your Internet service provider, its IP address, and the name of your service provider's server. Canadian Conservation Institute makes no attempt to link these addresses with the identity of individuals visiting Canadian Conservation Institute sites
- The length of each visit
- The number of requests per visit
- Your type of operating system (Windows, MacIntosh, Unix, etc.)
- Your browser type (Netscape, Internet Explorer, etc.)
By keeping this data, CCI's web site administrators can fine-tune the sites based on user-activity trends.
Questions or comments regarding this policy, or the administration of the Privacy Act in Canadian Conservation Institute may be directed to the Access to Information and Privacy Coordinator by e-mail to email@example.com or by calling (613) 952-1666. If you are not satisfied that we have adequately respected your privacy, you may wish to contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner by calling 1-800-267-0441 or via the Internet at www.privcom.gc.ca.