Visiting Professionals Program
The Visiting Professionals program allows mid-career conservators and conservation scientists in Canada to collaborate with CCI staff on specific projects.
Past visiting professionals at CCI: Claire Titus
What kind of support does this program provide?
The Visiting Professionals program provides an opportunity for professional thought exchange. It is intended to help professionals answer specific conservation questions; it is not intended to provide treatment facilities, lab space, or the use of equipment to conduct regular business.
Benefits to participants may include:
- access to tools or equipment that are unique to CCI
- short-term training on specific conservation techniques and practice using them
- knowledge-sharing with CCI staff through collaboration on research projects, the development of treatment protocols, the application of specialized treatment techniques, or the design of conservation training
Am I eligible to apply?
All practising mid-career conservators and conservations scientists in Canada are eligible to apply.
This program is unfunded. There is no remuneration, and travel and living expenses must be covered by the applicant.
There are no application deadlines. Requests may be submitted at any time, and are processed and reviewed as they are received. However, requests should be submitted at least six months in advance of the proposed starting date.
Review procedures and selection criteria
Projects are selected on a case-by-case basis according to the following criteria:
- the nature and feasibility of the proposed project
- the availability of CCI equipment and other resources required for the project
- the availability of the necessary CCI staff
How to apply
Requests should be sent to CCI’s Learning and Development Officer (address below) by mail or e-mail, and should include:
- a curriculum vitae
- a description of the proposed project along with a work plan
- a cover letter describing how the applicant will benefit from time at CCI
For more information about the Visiting Professionals program, please contact:
Julie Stevenson, Learning and Development Officer
1030 Innes Road
Ottawa ON K1A 0M5
Tel.: 613-998-3721 ext. 114