We are in the process of moving our services and information to Canada.ca.
The Preventive conservation and risks are now available from Canada.ca.
The Conservation tools and resources are now available from Canada.ca.
The Canadian Conservation Institute (CCI) provides resources on caring for heritage objects and collections to assist conservation professionals and those responsible for collections care. These resources range from general care to detailed procedures and guidance. For individuals, CCI also offers a list of resources containing information on salvaging personal valuables.
Caring for Objects and Collections
- Bone, Ivory, Shell, Quills, Feathers, Similar Materials
- Ceramics and Glass
- Electronic Media
- Furniture and Wooden Objects
- Industrial Objects
- Lamps and Lighting Fixtures
- Leather, Skins and Furs
- Metal Objects
- Musical Instruments
- Outdoor Art
- Paper and Books
Many CCI publications formerly available only in print format, such as CCI Notes, CCI Symposia Proceedings and the majority of CCI Technical Bulletins, are now available online at no cost.
Our online tools can help you estimate the fading of colours exposed to light, simplify protective package design for fragile objects and calculate the amount of polyethylene glycol required to conserve waterlogged wood.
- Environmental Guidelines for Museums: A general introduction for all museum professionals to the current approach to controlling ambient relative humidity and temperature in museums.
- Mould Outbreak – An immediate response: A general course of action to deal with a mould infestation in a heritage collection.
- Six Steps to Safe Shipment: Online resource to assist in safe shipping of heritage objects.
- Corner Pads for Double Case Packages: Online resource to assist in safe packing of heritage objects for transport.
Publications and Tools
- Date modified: